Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Einstein's Theory of Time at Work

Doing a job promptly and well has a satisfaction that, unfortunately, has only come to me late in life.

In school, I would delay projects as much as possible and, in a mad rush, finish them literally minutes before they were due. At work I would put off as much as possible in the hopes that requests would be forgotten or do them at the last second when the boss came sniffing around. This was in order to get to the “fun stuff” in life more often. The work I did undertake was often rushed, sloppy and lacking depth.

I’ve slowly come to realize that I actually have more time for and enjoy the “fun stuff” a lot more if I simply do what I’m supposed to be doing in the first place.

My perception of time is that it actually lengthens even though I’m much busier.

The next step: Lengthen time so much that I live forever in just one day.

Oh yeah, and re-define "fun stuff".

Today's listening (and guilty) pleasure: Linkin Park

No comments: