Sunday, December 26, 2004

Dream - 1

The beginning is lost to me now so I'll start from where my memory plays true...

There are two groups of people dancing to music. I'm in one group but I can't see who they are as I'm facing the other group. I sense that the people behind me are in a circle but I think I am not quite part of it. The ones I'm facing are in a semi-circle and are clapping while they sway. I recognize the one at the end. It looks like Robert Fripp. Why I'm dreaming of him I have no idea and the shock almost wakes me. He is swaying and clapping his hands as well but his feet are not moving. I can't recognize the music but it sounds like I should.

The music stops and he nods at me and gestures that I should follow him. Suddenly we are outside walking by immense buildings of great age. They seem to be a mix of medieval and renaissance construction. Fripp gives me the names of each as we pass them by and it seems we're searching for a particular structure.

Finally we stop at the largest building. It is clearly old and resembles a museum that may have been used for other purposes in the past. its colour is also different from the others. It has a yellowish cast to it and its age shows in the cracks and pits upon its surface.

We go in and start to walk down a hallway. I know we're searching for something now but not quite sure what. It might be a room or something in a room. We walk down many hallways, each smaller then the last. There are no other people in the building but at some point in time a young boy has joined us and is walking just ahead, as if leading. He appears to be about six or seven years old. The hallways we are walking through are getting smaller and smaller. At first they were as wide as ballrooms but now are simple corridors. They are getting smaller and now we're walking in single file. I’m bringing up the rear. Smaller, and now I have to bend as my head scrapes the ceiling. Smaller now and I'm on my hands and feet, crawling forward. Smaller and smaller. We come to a turning and the ceiling is so low and the sides have pressed into me that I can't even crawl through, the fit is too tight. For some reason Fripp has turned into a young girl, the same age as the boy. I call to them and say that I can't go any further. They turn back to me, holding hands, and say it's all right, we'll go ahead.

I wake.

No comments: