Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Grilling

Why is it so hard to have people do complete work? I asked for a computer disk in order to re-install a program. I received the disk with no product key. I asked why and the person told me it's because it's written on the disk itself. I asked if he had checked and he said sure. Sure enough there is some numbers written on the disk itself, but it's not the product installation key. Now this person knows that the key should be 25 digits long not the 8 written on the disk. Why should he know? Because this has been his fricken job for the last umpteen years!

Anyway, since I couldn't do what I needed to do, I went home, fired up the BBQ and grilled me some pork chops and vegetables. Sunny and fairly warm day. Slight breeze brought the sounds of the neighbourhood and helped the grilling right along. The present moment was strong and I embraced it. A little wine and soon enough I felt no pain. That most days were like this.

Today's listening and viewing pleasure: The Black Crowes, Freak 'n' Roll...Into the Fog, Live at the Fillmore - San Francisco. I think I liked these guys better when they weren't so professional. The earlier, looser days seemed to have more soul. Still, they rock out like few do anymore. More than strong hints of the early 70's bands (in a good way).

No comments: