Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Consequences

Life gets musch easier when you make a decision, then simply accept the consequences which follow from it. Robert Fripp.

Someone threw a cookie at me today. While walking along a downtown street, a cookie hit me on the left shoulder. I brushed it off, looked around but decided to forget it and just kept walking. My day was instantly changed. A somewhat depressive weight lifted off my mind. I couldn't get angry at something as stupid as a cookie hitting me in the shoulder and I realized that most of my issues were exactly the same; as inconsequential as that cookie. Perhaps more importantly, a young lady looked at me right as the cookie hit me, saw that I did not react in a vile manner and I swear I saw a shadow or something more weighty rise from her shoulders into thin the air.

No comments: